vegan chocolate chip banana bread
So this banana bread is seriously so easy to make it doesn't seem real. But, it is.
You just need a few ingridents and you are ready to bake.
Plus what I love is that this bread is super moist. Sometimes when you are baking vegan goods they can tend to run a little on the dry side. Not this bread!
What you need:
- 4 bananas
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 6 tbsp water
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
1. Make the egg substitute by combining the chia seeds and water in a bowl and set aside for 20 minutes. This will form a gel like substance.
2. Preheat oven to 355F. grease up your loaf pan with coconut oil or vegan butter.
3. Mash the 4 bananas in a bowl with this handy tool. Then add the chia seed gel and stir until well combined. I just used a fork for this.
4. Stir in the spelt flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, chocolate chips, and mix until just combined. Do not over stir.
5. Transfer batter into loaf pan and bake for 35 minutes.