Vegan Valentine's Day Cupcakes
O-M-G I love Valentine's Day! Like I love love love Valentine's Day. It's just the best holiday in my opinion.
I love all of the cute little decorations and cupcakes and candy hearts that represent this lovers holiday.
PLUS it's so sweet to now have a baby to love on Valentine's Day as well.
I wanted to share this yummy vegan recipe with you. These are vanilla cupcakes with a vanilla buttercream frosting.
These are perfect to make if you are planning on staying home on V-Day, or it's a funny mommy and me recipe that you can make for your spouse/ daddy or mommy.
So here's the goods.
- 3 cups of all purpose flour or whole wheat
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 TSP baking soda
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1 TSP salt
- 1/2 cup of all natural maple syrup
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 2 TBSP vanilla extract
For the buttercream frosting:
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 TBSP almond milk
- 1/2 TSP vanilla
1. Preheat oven 350F. Place your cute cupcake liners in your cupcake pan.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk well.
3. Make sure the liquid ingredients are warm or room temp so the coconut oil does not get hard when added to the mix.
4. Mix in slowly the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients.
5. Mix until combined but do not over mix. Pour into liners and bake for 15 minutes.
For The Buttercream Frosting:
Whip the butter until it is light and fluffy. I used my electric mixer on low. Slowly add in the powdered sugar, almond milk and vanilla. Continue to beat until the consistency is light and fluffy. You may need to add a little more powdered sugar to thicken if necessary.