Well ladies I have to tell ya I LOVE pasta. I am not one of those sad girls who swears off carbs and blames pasta for her life struggles. CARBS ARE GOOD FOR YOU! It's just that you want to eat the good kind of carbs, not basic white pasta. Great recipe with carbs is here.
Ok so here is what you need:
- 1 16oz bag of brown rice pasta
- 1 8-ounce container of cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 minced cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- . Cook pasta according to package.
- Once pasta is done run under cold water and place in large serving bowl.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and chop the avocado and add to the pasta.
- Chop the basil and add to the pasta as well.
- Combine the olive oil, balsamic, and garlic in a small dish.
- Add the balsamic dressing to the pasta and season to taste with salt and pepper.