Easy Red Lentil Pasta
Hey Mama! I am here to hit you with another EASY plant-based dinner idea that will take you under 15 minutes to make.
I love Trader Joe's because they carry the best stuff and stuff that makes this mama's life easy.
Lentils are a great source of PLANT PROTEIN and I love that this pasta has 13g of protein for 3/4 cup of pasta!! UM yes, please! (like who the F eats just 3/4 cup of pasta) And not to mention there's 15% IRON!! UGH us plant-based mamas NEED all our iron and protein which we get form our amazing plant foods and this pasta totally delivers.
Plus this pasta is organic. If this pasta were 6ft tall I'd leave Stefan for it. Too much? No.
Here's what you need:
- 1, 12oz bag of red lentil pasta
- 1/4 yellow onion chopped
- 8-10 stems asparagus chopped
- 4oz mushrooms chopped
- 1 jar Trader Joe's bruschetta
- Boil water. While you are waiting for that to actually boil, chop your onion, asparagus, and mushrooms.
- Heat a skillet with a little coconut oil and saute the veggies. (should take 6-10 mins)
- Once water boils throw in lentil pasta and cook according to package.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain it and then put it back in the pot and empty the jar of bruschetta onto the pasta and mix together.
- Once pasta and bruschetta are mixed add the sauteed veggies and mix all together and serve.
Ahh delicious and you are getting protein and nutrients and vitamins and minerals form all the PLANT food goodness!
Enjoy you hot mama!