Vegan Lemon Donuts
Hey mama how are you?
Did you have a good Mother's Day? Stefan really spoiled me by letting me sleep in an extra 3 hours while he took Jack. He came home with Starbucks and my present. My present was an 80 minute massage to La Costa resort and spa!!! DYING!
Needless to say I feel like Jack and I really have to step up our game for Father's Day.
I hope you got treated like a QUEEN on MD, and now is as good a time as any to get right into this recipe!
I have been dying to share this recipe with you. I just have to start by saying that I LOVE donuts, like when I was pregnant I would buy the vegan donuts from Whole Foods daily.
I wanted to make my own and I have really been loving the taste of fresh lemon in and on my food, so here we are making lemon donuts!
What you'll need to do
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp flax meal
- 1 tbsp warm water
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Mix flax meal and warm water in a bowl and let it sit for about 2 minutes.
- Mix lemon zest, agave, flax mixture, almond milk, and vegan butter until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined but don't over mix.
- Fill donut pan about half way with the mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack.
- While the donuts are cooling mix lemon juice and powdered sugar until all lumps are combined.
- Dip cooled cooled donuts in glaze and let excess drip off and place on a dry wire rack.
- Leave for about 10-15 minutes until dry and then eat.