Hey hey hey, so I was really thinking about this little blog here, and you as my reader, a mama... and the time you realistically have to make a gourmet recipe, and if you're anything like me that time is limited to say the least.
It is always my goal to provide you with a nutritious completely plant-based recipe that is easy to make. I am all for recipes that take a little TLC to create but honestly, I just don't have that time anymore or desire for that matter.
These stuffed tomatoes are easy to make and they taste so good!
I did use a vegan mozzarella cheese which I'll post below, but that is up to you!
I honestly managed to make and photograph this entire recipe during Jack's 40 minute nap, so it's definintly doable.
Here's what you need:
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- 2 slices of vegan mozzarella
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- preheat oven to 375.
- Slice off about 1/2 inch tops off the tomatoes and hollow them out.
- sprinkle a little salt in each tomato.
- cook quinoa according to package. Usually 2 cups water and 1 cup quinoa, bring to a boil, and then cover and simmer for 12-14 min.
- While that is cooking sauté spinach garlic and parsley until spinach is wilted.
- Add spinach mixture to cooked quinoa and combine.
- Stuff each tomato and cover with foil on a baking sheet for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes remove foil and place mozzarella on top of tomato. I tore my slices in half so it wasn't overwhelming. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes to melt cheese.
- salt and pepper should be used to taste preference.
- Serve and enjoy!