So Stefan said to me "hey do you think we could turn your tempeh meatball recipe into a burger?". Yes we can, and yes we did.
I am not one of those sad girls who thinks carbs are bad for you. I love bread but I just wasn't feeling a bun tonight so I made this sans bun.
Instead I had the burger over a bed of spinach and chard topped with avocado and BBQ sauce. I also steamed broccoli for a side.
Here's what you'll need:
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package of tempeh
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbs almond milk / or water
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and chop until blended but don't overdo it.
- Roll mixture into 1 big ball and press into a patty, bake for 15 minutes on one side then flip and cook for 15 minutes on the other.
- Once cooked toss in your favorite BBQ sauce and serve!
I hope you enjoy!!!