Hey Hey Mama!
So it's been pretty freaking hot here in the San Diego area so the thought of turning the oven on is a real nightmare, anyone else feel me? I am all about making things quick and easy sans lots of heat.
My mom came over Saturday night and 2 bottles of wine later she invited herself back over the next night to make fish tacos...ugh we don't eat fish so I knew I had to veganize her plan.
I decided to just do tempeh in place of the fish in the taco, and it was delicious and super easy.
What I did was just cut the tempeh in long 1 inch thick strips and lay them in the tortilla just like a battered piece of fish (RIP fishes everywhere, and especially the ones that end up at Rubios).
So here is what you need and how to make it!
- 1 80z package tempeh
- 1/4 head purple cabbage
- 1/4 head green cabbage
- salsa fresca
- 1 lime
- 1 handful chopped cilantro
- 1 package small corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup soyaki marinade from Trader Joe's
- cut your tempeh into long 1 inch thick strips.
- Place tempeh on a plate ad pour the marinade over the top them flip the tempeh, so that it is completely covered in sauce. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- While tempeh is sitting in sauce chop cabbage, cilantro, and cut your lime into wedges.
- Heat a pan with 2 tbsp olive oil and throw in the tempeh strips and cook for 10-12 minutes flipping half way through.
- Heat up your corn tortillas.
- Plate your tacos and garnish with a tbsp of guacamole and salsa fresca. I always squeeze 1 or 2 limes wedges on my tacos, it really gives them that fresh taste.