Southwestern Pasta Salad
Hey Mama! Gosh it's been soooo hot this past weekend here in San Diego. We live in an old house funky and cute but hot AF with no AC so it was a brutal weekend.
In the midst of sweating and drinking ice cold beer in the evening I decided I would make a semi Fall recipe to share.
I've had a few mamas reach out to me on Instagram asking for Fall soups and chili, but my kitchen was an inferno this past week so a cold southwestern salad is what we're getting today!
This recipe is supper yummy and I decided to make it with the red lentil pasta from Trader Joe's which really packs a punch in the protein department. You can totally find your fav gluten free pasta or bowtie pasta and make it with that as well.
In between early morning donut runs, and actual runs on the beach with Jack (to beat the heat) he's been gobbling this recipe up for lunch and dinner... Is that bad parenting? LOL I mean if he's not refusing I'm gonna use his as a garbage disposal till he breaks.
Ok, so what the heck do you do to beat the heat with a toddler? We live 10 mins from the beach so we do do that, but as you now the beach is a car full of san production... any recommendations?
Also, what kind of recipes are you wanting to see? Dinner, dessert, cocktails, smoothies? Maybe my favorite wine under $10 LOL, but really I can do a test taste fro that post so let me know!
Here's what you'll need for the recipe!
- 1 bag red lentil pasta from Trader Joe's or any 12oz bag of pasta
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup black beans (out of a can)
- 1 1/2 cup corn
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into long stripes
- 1 avocado cut into cubes
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp salt and pepper ( to taste)
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Once cooked rinse with cool water and set aside.
- Mix the dressing in a small bowl and them combine with pasta and the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl. Refrigerate for an hour and serve cold!
Hope you enjoy!!