Red Curry One Pot Pasta
What’s better than putting everything in one pot and walking away only to return to a gourmet dinner?
I know, nothing.
I’m such a huge fan of the one pot pasta phenomenon taking Pinterest by storm. Jack has also been really into pasta lately so this is a perfect meal to make for the whole family. Speaking of Jack, is anyone else out there suffering from the picky eater syndrome? I feel like I can’t give this kid pasta for lunch and dinner everyday.
He used to eat everything even fermented foods and now he is so so picky it’s killing me. Will this pass? Is this a phase?
Please tell me it is...ok, I’ll get back to the pasta, but seriously someone message me if you’ve been through this.
PASTA-I also really love one pot pasta because you can pack a ton of “healthy” ingredients in without the fuss of cooking a bunch of different stuff and dirtying four or five pans.
Ok, have I convinced you yet WHY this is so amazing? LOL
Let’s get into the recipe shall we.
I found this recipe on veganheaven.org btw and it’s delicious.
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 ½ cups uncooked fusilli pasta
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- 3 cups diced canned tomatoes
- 1 can coconut milk (whole fat)
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
1. In a large pot heat some olive oil and sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes. Then add the garlic, zucchini, and red bell pepper cook for 2 more minutes.
2. Add the remaining ingredients except for the cherry tomatoes. The original recipe says cook for 15 minutes but I found that I needed to put a lid on my pot to cook everything down. Cover and cook for 15 minutes stirring halfway through. If the pasta hasn’t cooked all the way add ½ cup water. Add in the cherry tomatoes and cook for 2 more minutes then serve.
Hope you enjoy!