Hey mama I’m sorry I haven’t shared a post with you in a week. My sweet Lola dog unexpectedly passed away and it has truly been heartbreaking. I have had Lola for the past 10 ½ years and we have been through everything together. Nothing can prepare you for the loss of the first pet you love so much. My heart has been hurting and I have taken this time to have a little break from all things social media.
Thank you for understanding and for all of your sweet messages via Instagram and Facebook, it really meant so much to me.
I have been dying to get back to sharing some healthy stuff with you so let’s get to it!
I whipped up this easy vegan soft taco recipe the other night and was really impressed with how fast it was done, so I obviously had to share with you.
This dinner should take you 20 min or less to make.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 small sweet potatoes, diced in cubes
- 1 can organic black beans
- ½ package of tempeh, cut in small chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced in thin strips
- ¼ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup swiss chard, chopped
- Trader Joe’s avocado cilantro dressing
- Flour tortillas
- Place diced sweet potatoes in a pan with 1-2 tbsp olive oil on medium heat. I covered the pan with a lid to cook them faster, I recommend doing this stirring frequently for about 10 minutes.
- In a separate pan heat 1 tbsp olive oil and stir fry the beans, bell pepper, tempeh, and onion for about 10 minutes. You can season if you want or add some sea salt. I typically buy taco seasoning from Trader Joe’s and do a tiny bit just to give some added flavor.
- Once sweet potatoes are soft enough add them to the rest of the veggies and beans, and throw in your swiss chard, stirring frequently until chard wilts. 2-3 minutes.
- Add your cooked mixture to a flour tortilla and dress with the avocado cilantro dressing and enjoy!
This recipe is full of vitamins, iron, and protein from all the plant food!! PLUS it’s a heart meal so it will have you feeling satisfied.
Jack even ate the mix with a side of tortilla which had me saying a silent “thank you Jesus”. He is still being so piiiiicky it’s making me crazy!
Lots of goodies coming your way in the coming weeks PLUS 2 giveaways! So stay tuned!!
What is one of your healthy go-to meals?