Don’t you just love when you can make comfort food just a little bit healthier?!
I used to love French toast when I was growing up but as you know we eat a plant-based diet, so it makes it a little tricky.
I’ve recently discovered how easy making a vegan version of French toast is so I have to share!
I wanted to make a special breakfast for Jack since he’s doing so good with potty training so I whipped us up this recipe.
The recipe is super easy to make and tastes just as good as “regular” French toast without the eggs and butter and cows milk.
- Bread slices
- 2 bananas
- 3/4 cup non dairy milk (I used the unsweetened vanilla milk from Ripple)
- fresh berries to garnish
- In a high powered blender blend your banana, non dairy milk, and a few dashes of cinnamon powder. Then pour mixture into a bowl big enough to dip your bread in.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat with a tbsp of coconut oil.
- Take your bread slice and dip it in the "batter" making sure to coat both sides.
- Place your coated bread on the hot skillet and cook each side until they're browned.
- Top with fresh fruit and syrup and enjoy!!