Happy Hump Day! I have been waiting to find a recipe like this that I actually LOVE because I am such a fan of buffalo sauce. I know, it’s not like the best thing in the word for you, but I love it nonetheless.
I used to work at Hooters in college so buffalo sauce has a special place in my heart always and forever.
The best part about this recipe is that it does not need to be deep fried it only requires baking!
I saved this recipe for a night when my mom was coming over for dinner because unlike most of my recipes it requires a little work, but it’s so worth it!!
I also bought a bag of non gmo frozen fries to go with these sliders, I know, so fancy, but necessary.
We can all thank my mother-in-law because she bought me this amazing cookbook.
Let’s get right into the recipe!!
- 1 medium-size head of cauliflower
- ¾ cup of buffalo sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray’s buffalo sauce)
- Mini hamburger buns
- Red onion
- 1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- ¾ cup and 2 tsp of white vinegar
- 5 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews
- 1 ¼ tsp of sea salt
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp minced onion
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried dill
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp mustard powder
In a high powered blender place all ingredients and blend until smooth. Store in the fridge to thicken while you are cooking the sliders. If you don’t have a high powered blender you may need to soak your cashews in water overnight then drain and blend.
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- 6 tbsp almond flour or hemp seeds
- 6 tsp dried parsley
- 6 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups almond flour/meal
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 cup sparkling soda water
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 450
- Slice cauliflower into large slider pieces.
- Make the crispy coating by mixing the ingredients *see above, together in a bowl.
- Make the batter by mixing the ingredients *see above, together in a bowl.
- Using one hand for the batter and one hand for the crispy coating dip each cauliflower piece into the batter and then into the coating and make sure to sprinkle coating all over the piece of cauliflower. Place each piece on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove baking sheet form oven and drizzle ½ cup of buffalo sauce on the cauliflower pieces and then flip the pieces over and drizzle some more sauce. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve on buns with sliced red onion, lettuce, and vegan ranch.
Hope you enjoy!! Tag me on Instagram: Themodernmamahood if you make it!! I’d love to see your pics.